Customer: A leading provider of technology-driven communication solutions
Size: 10 001+ employees
Task: OMi Instrumentation
Duration of the project: 8 weeks
Recently, the ConfigureTek team worked with the IT Operations team of a large telecommunications company. They were tasked with the challenge of creating a single pane of glass for event management. The company already had multiple monitoring solutions and the main goal was to connect Microsoft System Center Operations Management into the OMi console of HP BSM. ConfigureTek completed the project in 8 weeks. This included: installation of the latest version of BSM, installation of the latest version of BSM connector for SCOM, and integration of the SCOM connector into OMi for the collection of events and metrics.
Why HP BSM?
The large telecommunications company chose HP BSM due to the single pane of glass environment it provides. This gave them value in that all events, regardless of source, have a central format. It also eases the strain of operations as they move from many consoles to one. This facilitates the creation of multi-functional tools that can be utilized to remediate common problems regardless of source.
By utilizing our expertise with quick-start solutions implementations in large organizations, ConfigureTek identified the event sources available at the organization and integrated the source into the HP product suite. This provided the client with the single pane of glass approach that the HP product suite endorses. This methodology also allows the client to future proof itself against new or existing event sources by following three easy steps:
- Identify event source
- Build robust integration point to event source (whether HP or supported third party)
- Ensure completeness of integration point via OMi console (Events and Metrics)
- Simplified event management
- Implementation of Topology Based Event Correlation based on integration of Run Time Service Model (RTSM) to existing CMS
- Opportunity to create powerful tools for operator remediation via either the BSM interface or integration to HP Operations Orchestration
- Reduced Mean Time to Resolution of event storms