Customer: A diversified banking company
Size: 10,001+ employees
Task: Implementation and configuration of Release Control in multiple environments
Duration of the project: 10 weeks
ConfigureTek has helped the service management team of a large banking company with implementation and configuration of release control in a heterogeneous environment. The customer had a lack of visibility in change management processes; for example if two changes were scheduled at the same time on the same CI, there was no visibility into the subsequent collision. The project tasks included:
- Installation and configuration of a High Availability Release Control in development and production environments
- Integration with Service Manager and UCMDB (Universal Configuration Management Database) in production environments
- Configuration of the risk calculator, time period conflicts and collisions in the Release Control analysis module
- Mentoring of the client’s team and knowledge transfer
ConfigureTek’s experts successfully finished the project in 10 weeks.
Why choose HP Release Control?
HP Release Control is a key piece of HPE’s Change Configuration and Release Management solution, with HP uCMDB and HP Service Manager (SM) completing the portfolio. The customer had already purchased uCMDB and SM but wanted the added change visibility Release Control offers.
- Reviewed the customer’s current change process
- Tailored OOTB solution to integrate with the customer’s current change process
- Configured the Release Control product to align with the customer’s existing internal service desk terminology; this allowed users to comfortably leverage Release Control from day one
- Scheduled production integration implementation within existing Service Manager maintenance windows and completed the entire implementation with zero downtime
- At each stage of configuration, we shared the results with the customer allowing them to understand the capabilities of the tool in small and provide feedback, bite-sized sessions
- Configured LDAP authentication, LDAP group to Release Control role mapping and LWSSO (Lightweight Single Sign-on)
- Designed the high availability setup and the server size for each of the environments to ensure the successful and high performance result
- Provided mentoring and knowledge transfer
- Clear visibility into change collisions
- Blackout windows within the tool highlight scheduled changes that violate the company release policy
- The change advisory board can now review changes in advance of their meeting and even use the virtual CAB collaboration feature to significantly reduce the time required to meet in person
- Risk management and CAB logic has been implemented in the tool’s adaptable risk calculator that now removes the human factor from low balling the perceived risk of a change. This allows for consistent scoring across all changes