Industry: Manufacturing (Flooring)
Size: Large (22k employees, $4 billion in annual sales)
Task: CMDB Assessment
Duration of the project: ~120 Hours
ConfigureTek conducted the assessment of ServiceNow CMDB for a large flooring manufacturing company with over 20K+ employees and $4 billion in annual sales in 3 weeks.
The project resulted with a new level of insight into the way the customer uses ServiceNow, specifically operations and management of the CMDB. ConfigureTek also delivered a roadmap the customer can follow to bring their CMDB back in line with best practices, as well as recommendations for future improvements.
• Review of industry recommended practices and ConfigureTek’s CMDB assessment methodology with the customer
• Conduct multiple interview workshop meetings with stakeholders, managers and users of the CMDB to understand issues and pain points at various levels throughout company
• Evaluate the CMDB, identifying issues that impact both the customer’s use cases and the value of the data
• Create and deliver a detailed presentation that enumerates both the issues and our recommended resolution to those issues
The customer had an implementation of ServiceNow that had begun very early in ServiceNow’s history, and therefore was both heavily integrated and modified many times over with poor documentation of how and why certain customizations had been made.
The customer was eager to ensure they were following best practices going forward, and wanted to be well-positioned to implement expanded functionality like service mapping. The following project tasks were created to conduct a CMDB assessment:
• Conduct interview workshops with CMDB managers and end users to understand their interactions with the tool and their pain points
• Evaluate CMDB configuration and customizations against best practices, document major issues and formulate recommendations for remediation
• Produced a detailed assessment document on the issues and their solutions, as well as a road-map for them to follow to improve their maturity with the tool
• Customer has a new level of insight into the way they use the tool, specifically operations and management of the CMDB that they are doing right and strategies that they can improve upon
• Customer has a roadmap that they can follow to bring their instance back in line with best practices, as well as recommendations for future improvements
• A detailed document that delivers a solid game plan that they can implement, and hopefully a relationship with a partner that they can trust to assist them with their future implementations
ConfigureTek is focused on helping customers achieve full benefit from the proper implementation of their Discovery, CMDB, Business Service Mapping, Asset and Service Management solutions. Our methodologies/best practices are developed so that our customers achieve maximum business value in the shortest time frames across these critical IT functions.
We have worked with hundreds of companies over the past 10 years and our abilities to work with solutions from multiple software vendors (ServiceNow, HPE, VMware, etc.) makes us unique in our ability to deliver on customer expectations. Contact the ConfigureTek experts to better understand how we can leverage our experience and knowledge to help assess your company’s CMDB today!